Application Guide for Bachelor's Degree Program (2022 Intake)
Study Duration：4 years
l for scholarships: March 31, 2022
l for self-funded study: May 15, 2022 (early bird)
June 15, 2022 (regular)
1. Be a non-Chinese citizen; be physically and mentally healthy.
2. Having a certain financial capability; no criminal record.
3. The following applicants who have hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for more than 4 years (inclusive), as well as have lived abroad for more than 2 years within the last 4 years (before April 30th of the enrollment year), are eligible to apply as international students:
ü Applicants born in the mainland China, Hongkong, Taiwan, Macao but have obtained a foreign nationality.
ü Applicants who acquired a foreign nationality at the time of birth, and whose parents (either or both) hold Chinese nationality (nationalities) and reside abroad.
4. Age requirement：
ü Scholarship applicants：be at least 16 years old and under the age of 25
ü Self-funded applicants：be at least 16 years old and under the age of 35
5. Educational Background: have earned a graduation certificate of higher secondary school, or its international equivalent.
6. Language Proficiency
ü For Chinese-taught programs: the applicant's Chinese proficiency should be equivalent to at least HSK Level 5 (180 score).
- HSK Level 4 certificate (with at least 180 score) is acceptable ONLY for B.A in Chinese Language.
ü For English-taught programs: the applicant's English proficiency should be equivalent to at least IELTS Academic 6.0, or TOEFL IBT 80.
- IELTS Academic at least 5.5 or TOEFL IBT at least 72 is acceptable ONLY for SCF programs.
APPLICATION MATERIALS & SPECIFICATIONS
Apply online for studying at DHU https://admissions.dhu.edu.cn
Fill out the online application blanks step by step and upload the following application materials
I. All uploaded electronic documents must be scanned pieces of the original. Except for the ID photo, colored scan in PDF format of the documents is recommended.
II. Original documents not in the language of Chinese or English must be translated into Chinese or English, then be notarized, and uploaded together with the original ones.
III. Photos of the artwork must first be uploaded, then the original hard copies be post by express to International Student Admissions Office of Donghua University.
IV. Please be sure to complete online application and application fee payment before the application deadline. In any case, the application materials and application fee will not be returned.
1．Passport (and visa) page
l A clear copy of your valid passport with your name, photo, date of birth, place of birth, date of issue and date of expiry. The passport should have at least 6-month validity.
l All visa pages are required if you have been to or if you are currently in China.
2．Graduate/school leaving certificate and the transcripts of all grades/semesters of your higher secondary school (or equivalent level such as IB, A Level, etc.)
l All the copies must be of the original documents issued by the school or the government with the official seal and/or signature.
l A description of grading scales along with the transcript sheets is highly recommended to be submitted.
l If you are currently in the final year, you can submit a pending certificate, along with transcripts of all grades/semesters you completed. Once you receive the official graduate/school leaving certificate and the final transcripts, please submit them timely.
* If admitted, the original documents should be provided and verified on enrollment day.
l Chinese-taught programs: HSK 5 Certificate (at least 180 score)
- B.A in Chinese Language: HSK 4 Certificate (at least 180 score) is the minimum requirement.
- HSK Certificate can be exempted if the entire higher secondary school curriculum was taught in Chinese. In this case, an official letter attesting to the Chinese taught curriculum with the seal and/or signature issued by the higher secondary school has to be provided.
- An HSKK intermediate level certificate (at least 60 score) is recommended to be submitted.
- Certificate of HSK 3 (at least 180 score) or above, including HSK 4, HSK 5 (less than 180 score) are acceptable. More details, please refer to the introduction to Pathway Program at http://www.karensplacemn.com/pathwayprogram/list.htm.
l English-taught programs: Certificate of IELTS Academic at least 6.0, or TOEFL IBT at least 80
- SCF: Certificate of IELTS Academic at least 5.5, or TOEFL IBT at least 72.
- IELTS or TOEFL Certificate can be exempted if the entire higher secondary school curriculum was taught in English. In this case, an official letter attesting to the English taught curriculum with the seal and/or signature issued by the higher secondary school has to be provided.
* All language credential submitted for application has to be obtained within the recent two years. If admitted, the original documents should be provided and verified on enrollment day.
l A statement of purpose in essay format written in the teaching language of the program you apply for.
l One to two pages include self-introduction, individual growth background, learning experience, personal interests, your capacities and characteristics, as well as your motivation for applying.
5．Certificate of no criminal conviction
The certificate should be issued by the local public security authority within six months prior to the submission date of the application.
6．Statement of financial support
Download from http://www.karensplacemn.com/brochures/list.htm, fill the blanks and sign by the applicant and the sponsor.
Other supplementary documents
l Applicants under the age of 18 should submit a Guarantee Statement filled and signed by the legal adult guardians living in mainland China. A template could be downloaded from http://www.karensplacemn.com/brochures/list.htm.
l The following applicants should provide the passports, all the visa pages, exit and entry stamp pages on the passport, proof of naturalization, or evidence of being foreign citizens at birth. Additional documents may be required.
① Applicants born in the mainland China, HK, TW, MC, who have obtained a foreign nationality.
② Applicants who acquired a foreign nationality at the time of birth, and whose parents (either or both) hold Chinese nationality and reside abroad.
③ Applicants who have spent (part of) their secondary education in the mainland China, HK, TW, MC.
l Any documents that might enhance your competitiveness such as award letters, credentials, etc.
Mandatory for application with entrance scholarship
l SGS application form with your handwritten signature. Make the online application at SGS system http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ first, then download the application form and sign.
l Two recommendation letters written in English or Chinese by two different teachers or tutors of your higher secondary school, include their names, signatures and contact details (especially email address).
lForeigner Physical Examination Form and relevant check result pages. Arrange a health check at the local hospital within six months prior to the submission date of the application. The health check result must be signed by the doctors or with the official seal. A reference template could be downloaded from http://www.karensplacemn.com/brochures/list.htm.
Mandatory for application of art design related programs
l If you are applying for a Chinese-taught program in Fashion & Apparel Design, Product Design, Environmental Design, Visual Communication Design, Digital Media Art, or Art & Technology, you are required to submit the original latest art works of one pencil sketch, one color painting, and one design rendering relating to the proposed program. The size of all works must be 360mm*260mm.
* Applicants at the status of ‘Under Review’ are required to attend the art examination on the designated date in June.
l If you are applying for one of the English-taught SCF programs, a personal creative design portfolio in the video format has to be provided. No limit is required on art design form but works relating to proposed major are preferred. The video should be around 3 minutes and be explained in oral English with the design concepts that reflect your understanding of professional knowledge, skills and creativity. Online interview will be arranged for applicants at the status of ‘Under Review’.
* Admitted students are required to attend the art examination right before enrollment day. If the results are inconsistent with the works submitted for application, DHU reserves the right to withdraw the admission.